Visita Iglesia 2015

Semana Santa 2015
(Source: Morgue File)

It’s that time of the year again when some Filipino Catholics celebrate (or commemorate) the passion and death of our Lord by visiting seven churches. This Lenten tradition is aptly named as Visita Iglesia, which may be translated as “Church Visit”. The  Spanish name of this tradition shows that it started during the time when the Philippines is still a colony of Spain.

I also do this Lenten tradition every year but a twist. Instead of going to actually going to 7 churches during the Lenten Season, I just post about the 7 churches that I visited in the previous months. It’s a sort of virtual Visita Iglesia.

I have an interesting mix of churches for this year’s virtual Visita Iglesia. Here’s the roll call of the 7 churches for each day of the Holy Week:

Holy Monday: San Felipe Neri Church in Mandaluyong City

Holy Tuesday: Santa Ana Church in Manila

Holy Wednesday: San Pedro Apostol Church in Vinzons, Camarines Norte

Holy Thursday: Our Lady of the Annunciation Cathedral in Catarman, Northern Samar

Good Friday: Nazareno Parish Church in Cagayan de Oro City

Black Saturday: San Narciso Church in Consolacion, Cebu

Easter Sunday: Basilica Minore de Santo Nino in Cebu City

You can see that I will post about the churches from Metro Manila, Southern Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The three major islands of the country are well represented.

So, please join me in my virtual Visita Iglesia. Journey with me and let’s pray that our faith go stronger as we live each day of the Semana Santa.

---

NOTE: Due to my being a busy Dad, I was not able to draft any Visita Iglesia post for Holy Wednesday to Easter Sunday. I hope next year that I will be able to post about 7 churches and continue my tradition of virtual Visita Iglesia.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.